An operation known as bariatric surgery is carried out on patients who have been given an obese diagnosis. Bariatric surgery is a solution that obese people are choosing more and more. Not everyone is a good candidate for this surgery, though.
The first step in the screening procedure, typically a specialist’s assessment of the patient’s health, medical history, and weight loss objectives. Although the requirements for bariatric surgery eligibility can change, they typically include:
- A body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher, or a BMI of 35 or higher with at least one obesity-related illness such diabetes or high blood pressure.
- Diet and exercise-based weight loss strategies haven’t worked in the past.
- The patient is emotionally and mentally ready to face the difficulties that come with bariatric surgery.
- including the recovery period and adjustments to their diet and exercise program.
- The patient does not have any health issues, such as heart disease or a history of blood clots, that would make surgery too risky.
In conclusion, the surgery can be a successful option for people who are suffering with obesity.
But it should not be chosen hastily. Everyone is not a good fit for bariatric surgery, because it has some requirements. It is crucial to speak with the best bariatic surgeon in Indore, if you are thinking about having bariatric surgery so they can help you decide if it is the best course of action for you.